GCW offer a professional and friendly service. We can provide a chlorination certificate to both residential and commercial properties.
Call GCW directly on 07548 285 811 to discuss your requirements or get advice.
- We use fully qualified water quality scientists.
- We use the latest chlorination equipment.
- Samples tested in UKAS approved laboratories.
- Conform to British standards BS8558, BS6700 or BS EN 806.
- We have over 30 years experience in water utilities.
- Chlorination services throughout South West and South Central England.
- We can recommend other providers for the rest of England.
When is chlorination required?
- New pipework is over 50 metres in length.
- New pipework has internal diameter of 50mm or over.
- If the pipe has been unused for a long period of time.
- New commercial properties for local authorities.
- If the existing supply pipe has become contaminated.
- Previously supplied by a water system i.e. Well or Spring.
GCW Chlorination services can be provided for:
- Residental Properties – private water to mains
- New mains chlorination
- Systems that have not been in regular use
- Hotel chlorination
- Restaurant, shop and cafe fitting
- Office fitting / refits
- Rental properties
- Tank chlorination
Why do I need a BS8558 Chlorination Certificate?
As well as having the piece of mind and reassurance that the pipes carrying a water supply is free of contamination, your local water utility provider, South West Water for example, will need to see a chlorination certificate (to British Standards BS6700, BS EN 806 or BS8558) before a new pipe is connected to the mains. You should check with your local utilities company first to see the level of certification required.
Useful guidance links for South West Water and Wessex Water:
What is the process of Chlorination?
The chlorination / disinfection process contains several stages:
- At source a reading is taken to demonstrate how much chlorine is in the water supplied by the water utility company using a photometer, known as the background reading.
- Pre flush with clean water to remove debris, on larger diameter pipes we would also swab the pipe.
- The pipe / system is then filled with a measured solution of chlorine (Sodium Hypochlorite), to remain in contact with the pipe for a period to allow disinfection to take place.
- The system is then safely flushed to remove the chlorine via a de-chlorination process back to the original background reading.
- Once the background is achieved, the water is held for a duration in the pipe and when that time has lapsed, a sample is then taken which is then sent off to a UKAS approved laboratory for analysis.
- Subject to test results the pipe is then connected.
For a full process and more information on our water chlorination / disinfection services please see our water chlorination services
Areas Covered by GCW (surrounding areas as well)
Chlorination Cerificates available in Gloucestershire
Lydney, Coleford, Gloucester, Tewkesbury, Chipping Campden, Stow on-the wold, Cheltenham, Brockworth, Northleach, Stroud, Durlsey, Wotton-under-Edge, Badmington, Tetbury, Cirencester, Bibury, Lechlade.
Chlorination Cerificates available in Wiltshire
Amesbury, Bradford on Avon, Calne, Chippenham, Corsham, Cricklade, Devizes, Ludgershall, Malmesbury, Marborough, Melksham, Mere, Royal Wootton Bassett, Salisbury, Swindon, Tidworth, Trowbridge, Warminster, Westbury, Wilton.
Chlorination Cerificates available in Somerset
Axbridge, Bath, Bridgwater, Burnham on Sea, Chard, Cheddar, Clevedon, Crewkerne, Dunster, Exmoor, Frome, Glastonbury, Ilminster, Langport, Minehead, Nailsea, Porlock, Radstock, Shepton Mallet, Somerton, Street, Taunton, Watchet, Wellington, Wells, Weston Super Mare, Wincanton, Wiveliscombe, Yeovil.
Chlorination Cerificates available in Dorset
Abbotsbury, Beaminster, Blandford Forum, Bournemouth, Bridport, Cerne Abbas, Christchurch, Corfe, Castle, Dorchester, Evershot, Gillingham, Kimmeridge, Lulworth, Lyme Regis, Milton Abbas, Moreton, Poole, Portland, Puddletown, Purbeck, Shaftesbury, Sherborne, Stalbridge, Sturminster Newton, Swanage, Tolpuddle, Tyneham, Wareham, Weymouth, Wimborne, Wool, Yetminster.
Chlorination Cerificates available in Devon
Appledore, Ashburton, Axminster, Barnstaple, Beer, Bideford, Bovey Tracey, Brixham, Buckfastleigh, Budleigh Salterton, Chumleigh, Clovelly, Cullompton, Crediton, Dartmouth, Dawlish, Exeter, Exmouth, Holsworthy, Honiton, Ilfracombe, Ivybridge, Kinsbridge, Lifton, Lyme Regis, Lynton, Newton Abbot, Newton Ferrers, Okehampton, Ottery St Mary, Paignton, Plymouth, Salcombe, Seaton, Sidmouth, South Molton, Tavistock, Teignmouth, Tiverton, Topsham, Torquay, Totnes, Woolacombe.
Chlorination Cerificates available in Cornwall
Camborne, Helston, Marazion, Mullion, Penzance, St Ives, The Lizard, Hayle, Lands End, Mousehole, Porthleven, Sennen, Charlestown, Fowey, lostwithiel, Penryn, Rame, St Mawes, Truro, Falmouth, looe, Mevagissey, Polperro, St Austell, The Roseland, Boscastle, Bude, Camelford, Crackington Haven, Mawgan Porth, Newquay, Padstow, Perranporth, Polzeath, Port Isaac, Rock, St Agnes, Tintagel, Wadebridge, Watergate Bay.